M-STAR Freight Services have been contracted to handle the transport of 'Combined Cycle Thermal Power Plant' parts for the Kpone IPP Power Station in Tema, Ghana.
The cargo (photographed in the gallery below) included modules, boilers, dampers, drums, construction parts and steel and was transported from various locations in Europe, South Korea, Vietnam, Japan, Egypt and India to the site in Ghana.
The total quantity of cargo handled will be approximately 19,500cbm with many oversized and heavy pieces reaching 132tns. The ongoing project was first started in November 2015 is expected to be completed in November 2016. M-STAR's scope of work includes:
• Heavy Lifting, Port Handling & Pre-Carriages
• Pre-Lashing & Securing On-Board
• Chartering Heavy Lift Vessels from Antwerp (Belgium), Ulsan (South Korea) & Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
• Just-in-Time Chartering & Delivery to Destination
• Container Consolidation & Seafreight
• Full On-Site Attendance & Cargo Surveys in Loading & Discharging Ports by M-STAR Managers & Technicians